Model Drawing is an essential method to solve Math Problem sums in Singapore primary schools.
Models involves using rectangular blocks to represent unknown numbers. Unlike Algebra which uses letters, models will give your child a clearer picture of the question.
Having a good grasp of model drawing will help your child to build a strong foundation to learn more advanced methods in later years.
Singapore schools are the first to develop this method and have topped global ranking in Mathematics. Its effectiveness in solving Math questions is proven and as a result, other countries have followed us in using model drawing too.
Despite the importance, many students still struggle in Model Drawing even in Primary 5 and 6. It could be due to the following reasons:
- Weak foundations in Primary 3 and 4
- Do not understand the question
- Do not know the strategies of drawing the models
- Untidy models which are hard to understand
- Do not know how to deduce the solution from the model drawn
- Insufficient practice
What is this Course About?
This course is a quick summary of all the model drawing strategies which your child must know in Primary 3 and 4.
You will learn the following:
- The Basics of Model Drawing
- The 3 Must-Know Types of Models (Part Whole, Comparison and Before-and-After Model)
- How to Summarise the question into one clear model
- How to Deduce the Solution from the model drawn
Under each type of Model, it is broken down into different concepts.
1. Part Whole Model
- Basic Concept
- Remainder Concept
- Repeated Identtity
2. Comparison Model
- Comparing 2 items
- Comparing 3 items
- Repeated Identity
3. Before and After Model
- Constant Part
- Everything Changed
At the end of each concept, there will be an assignment with questions on the same concept to ensure sufficient practice. Step by step solutions are provided too.
How do Learn From This Course?
- Watch the videos and understand the methods
- Practice the assignments given
- Check your answers with the solutions provided
- Ask questions if you need help
- Re-watch the videos to Revise again
Preview – Comparison Model – 2 Items
Click the videos below for a short preview of the course. All the lessons will be available, after you have purchased the course.
Preview – Before and After Model – Constant Part
Teacher: Mr Jimmy Ling
This course comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. In the event that you are not satisfied with the course, contact us within 30 days of enrolling in the course and you will receive a full refund.
Scroll back to the top and click the Enrol Now button before the offer is over!