Solutions for 5 Common Questions for Average
Here are the solutions for 5 Common Questions for Average.
Make sure you understand the concepts and know how to solve these type of “Average” questions in your exams.
1) The average marks of 4 students is 81. If the average marks of 3 of them is 76, how many marks did the 4th student score?
2) The average age of Amy, Betty, Cathy and Daisy is 45 years old. The average age of Cathy and Daisy is 41 years old. What is the average age of Amy and Betty?
3) The average mass of 3 chairs A, B and C is 26.8 kg. The mass of Chair B is thrice that of Chair C. Chair A is 2.2 kg lighter than Chair B. Find the average mass of Chair B and Chair C.
4) The sum of 6 numbers is 624. A 7th number is added and the average of the 7 numbers increases by 3. Then an 8th number is added and the average of the 8th number increases by 2. Find the 8th number.
5) In January, the average number of students in one class was 24. In February, 5 new classes were added. The average number of students in all the classes became 26. If there were 32 students in each of the new classes, find the total number of students in all the classes in February.
Pingback: 3 Common Mistakes for Algebra - Avoid them to save marks in your exams